NOTICE TO CAMTC APPLICANTS
On September 19, 2018, the Governor signed SB 1480 into law. Among other things, this bill changes the Massage Therapy Act so that starting on January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2020, passage of a CAMTC approved exam will not be required for CAMTC Certification.
If you are seeking CAMTC Certification you have three options:
- Apply now or anytime before January 1, 2019, take and pass a CAMTC approved exam, and meet all of the other requirements for certification. This option allows you to be certified the fastest, but also requires that you take and pass a CAMTC approved exam.
- Apply now or anytime before January 1, 2019, DON’T take or pass a CAMTC approved exam, but meet all of the other requirements for certification. If you choose this option, CAMTC will hold your application until the law becomes effective on January 1, 2019, and it will then be processed after that time.
- WAIT to apply until on or after January 1, 2019. If you choose this option, no exam requirement will apply.
NOTICE TO CAMTC APPLICANTS and CERTIFICATE HOLDERS
On May 31, 2018 CAMTC Board of Directors approved a $50 increase in the initial application fee effective January 1, 2019, and a $50 increase in the recertification fee applicable to certificates expiring on or after January 1, 2019. This increase is the first in nearly a decade. Other fees will also be increased effective January 1, 2019. The full new CAMTC Fee Schedule is available here.
CAMTC Certificate Holders And Applicants - Understand Violations of CAMTC's Law
Download here: Summary of Common Actions That Violate CAMTC's Law
Notice to CAMTC Applicants
On March 9, 2017 CAMTC’s Board voted to institute new policies and procedures to help students seeking CAMTC Certification.
1. If you attended a school that was in good standing at the time it closed and CLOSED before July 1, 2016, you may apply using your education from the closed school for CAMTC Certification purposes as long as your application is received by CAMTC on or before December 31, 2018. If your application is received after this date you may still apply for CAMTC Certification using this education, but you must provide either continuous and current proof of a city or county permit to provide massage for compensation, or pass an education hearing. Please see the Policies and Procedures for Approval of Schools for more details on the applicability of this policy.
2. If you attended a school that has requested CAMTC School Approval and is ultimately denied, you may still apply for CAMTC Certification using education from the denied school as long as your Application for CAMTC Certification is received within 90 days of the effective date of denial.
In the interest of consumer protection, CAMTC does not list schools with pending applications.
Notice Regarding CAMTC Recertification
To apply for CAMTC Recertification, click on the Certificate Holders icon below and then click on the Login icon.